Level Crossing Removal | Station Street | Beaconsfield | LXRP
As part of the Victorian Government’s Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP):
- 3 level crossings in Pakenham are being removed at McGregor Road, Main Street and Racecourse Road
- New stations are being built at Pakenham and East Pakenham
- 2 level crossings in Beaconsfield are being removed at Brunt Road and Station Street
- 1 level crossing in Officer at Station Street will be closed.
Level crossing removals – Beaconsfield
LXRP is building a new road bridge over the rail line at Brunt Road and Station Street in Beaconsfield. The 2 level crossings in Beaconsfield will be removed by constructing new road bridges over the rail line. Designs have been released for these new bridges. You can view these designs on Victoria’s Big Build website
Early works are underway at Brunt Road, Beaconsfield and construction will be completed by 2025.
Site investigations are underway at Station Street, Beaconsfield and construction will be completed by 2025.
Visit Victoria’s Big Build project pages to view information including:
- info about each project
- current works notices and disruptions
- how to sign up for email updates
- engagement opportunities
- contact information if you have questions about a project
- image galleries
- improve support and enhance opportunities for existing and future businesses
- integrate the train station, bus interchange and car parking with the town centre and surrounding communities, and improve pedestrian paths
- provide safe and functional community spaces
- enhance the look of the area, including by landscaping through the precinct
- improve traffic flow, including integrating the existing paths with new pedestrian and bicycle connections
- minimise disruption to local businesses and our wider community during construction.
- Station Street, Beaconsfield level crossing to be removed by 2025