Level Crossing Removal | Cardinia Road | Pakenham | LXRP
As part of the Victorian Government’s Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP):
- 3 level crossings in Pakenham are being removed at McGregor Road, Main Street and Racecourse Road
- New stations are being built at Pakenham and East Pakenham
- 2 level crossings in Beaconsfield are being removed at Brunt Road and Station Street
- 1 level crossing in Officer at Station Street will be closed.
Council’s involvement in the Pakenham Level Crossing Removal Project
- improve support and enhance opportunities for existing and future businesses
- integrate the train station, bus interchange and car parking with the town centre and surrounding communities, and improve pedestrian paths
- provide safe and functional community spaces
- enhance the look of the area, including by landscaping through the precinct
- improve traffic flow, including integrating the existing paths with new pedestrian and bicycle connections
- minimise disruption to local businesses and our wider community during construction.
View the ‘Our vision’ document for more information.
- Cardinia Road level crossing removed and completed in December 2020