Russell-Blackwood package | Gembrook
Sealing the Hills is a vital infrastructure program which aims to upgrade currently unsealed roads in the Dandenong Ranges and surrounding townships.
Unsealed roads are heavily impacted by weather conditions, land formations and increased traffic, particularly in the Dandenong Ranges.
Upgrading these unsealed roads will improve community safety, access to community facilities and amenities and the connectivity of the existing road network, while reducing dust, pollution and maintenance issues.
Upgrade sealing works are being completed on Blackwood Lane, Gembrook Road (service road), Redwood Road (service road unsealed section) and Russell Road, Gembrook.
- feature pavement construction
- kerb channel construction
- construction of traffic calming devices
- drainage improvement works
This project is jointly funded by the Australian Government and contributions by residents via a Special Charge Scheme.
Asphalt works are complete on Russell Road, Gembrook Road Service Road, Blackwood Lane, and Redwood Road.
The contractor for these works is MACA.
Construction is due to be completed by end of 2023.
- Asphalt works are complete on Russell Road, Gembrook Road Service Road, Blackwood Lane, and Redwood Road.
- Only minor works are now required to complete the project.