First-Grenville package | Stage 1 | Cockatoo
Sealing the Hills is a vital infrastructure program which aims to upgrade currently unsealed roads in the Dandenong Ranges and surrounding townships.
Unsealed roads are heavily impacted by weather conditions, land formations and increased traffic, particularly in the Dandenong Ranges.
Upgrading these unsealed roads will improve community safety, access to community facilities and amenities and the connectivity of the existing road network, while reducing dust, pollution and maintenance issues.
Upgrade sealing works are currently being completed on stage 1 of the First-Grenville package.
Stage 1 works will take place on First Avenue, Grenville Road, Spring Street, Hazel Street and the ROWY, Cockatoo.
- feature pavement construction
- kerb channel construction
- construction of traffic calming devices
- drainage improvement works
This project is jointly funded by the Australian Government and contributions by residents via a Special Charge Scheme.
Upgrade sealing works are now underway on First Avenue, Grenville Road, Spring Street, Hazel Street and the ROWY, Cockatoo.
The contractor for these works is MACA.
Drainage works nearing completion for entire stage.
Pavement subgrade preparation works to start shortly.
Construction is due to be completed by August 2024.
- Works on stage 1 have started
- Pavement subgrade preparation works to commence shortly.
- Drainage works on Stage 1 are complete
- Construction is due to be completed by August 2024.