Officer District Park | Officer
Officer District Park will be a 10-hectare adventure and nature park located on Lansell Avenue in Officer.
Located on Lansell Avenue in Officer, Officer District Park will provide several new opportunities for the local community to recreate, socialise, play, and connect.
The Officer District Park location was selected as part of the Cardinia Road Precinct Structure Plan. The Park’s masterplan and detailed designs were also developed with extensive community consultation and final plans were adopted by Council in late 2018.
The park will be delivered in stages, with exciting features planned to be delivered as part of the current stage 1 works.
Stage 1 works will include:
- An incredible multi-level playground with a variety of play zones and experiences including two 20m-long embankment slides. This play space will cater for a wide variety of ages from the very young to adventurous adults.
- Cardinia Shire’s first purpose-built Parkour Zone will incorporate a mixture of obstacles of different heights, angles and shapes. This space will allow users of all ages and abilities to create their own moves and motion through the space.
- Fitness stairs and equipment – The community’s desire for running stairs for fitness purposes has been recognised after the community consultation and has been incorporated into the design of Officer District Park. The fitness appeal of this park is also enhanced by the 1km loop track which runs around the hillside incorporating several exercise equipment stations along the way.
- A lookout platform from the top of the hillside will allow the community to appreciate the amazing views over the southern part of the Shire and out to Western Port.
- Public toilets and picnic facilities will be constructed at the central plaza area.
- A wetland area and a path circling the water to allow visitors to interact more closely with the wetland. Mindfulness signage will be incorporated to encourage people to be present in the moment and take time to nurture their mental health.
- A dedicated dog off leash area, where both people and pooches can enjoy social interaction and experiencing the outdoors together.
Pending future pending, the next stages of construction may include a regional-level skate park, mountain boarding tracks and a cafe.
Officer District Park is supported and funded by Council, the Victorian Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund and the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program.
Works on stage 1 of Officer District Park are now underway.
Warrandale Industries have been selected as the contractor to complete the construction of Officer District Park.
Stage 2 progress – skate park planning
Council has partnered with Convic, the skate park design experts to design and develop the new Regional Skate Park at Officer District Park.
- Stage 1 works are scheduled to start in October 2023
- Officer District Park is expected to be completed by late 2024, conditions permitting.