Bayview Road & Princes Highway intersection | Officer
The Princes Highway Intersections project will transform local roads to cope with future growth and to improve travel for generations to come.
This key infrastructure project will provide safer travel for all road users, while improving connectivity and access along this vital growth corridor. These intersection upgrades are expected to reduce congestion and improve travel time reliability along this corridor.
The intersection upgrade will include:
- upgrading to fully signalised crossroad intersection
- a westbound bus priority lane
- construction of new Bayview Road South leg connecting intersection to Pioneer Way
- Bayview Road north leg road realignment
- dual right turn lanes into Bayview Road
- left turn slip lanes into Bayview Road
- cyclist and pedestrian facilities with dedicated bicycle lane signalisation
- path connections
- improved drainage
The Princes Highway Intersection program has $36 million in funding to deliver 8 major intersection upgrades from 2020 to 2029.
- Australian Government contribution: $17.8 million from its Urban Congestion Fund.
- Council contribution: $18.3 million from its Developer Contribution Plan.
Upgrade works on the Bayview Road and Princes Highway intersection are underway and are expected to be completed by late December 2023.
Disruptions & closures
- Driveway and kerb works on the north side of Princes Hwy are scheduled from mid-November to end of December 2023
- To ensure public safety, the median crossing will remain closed for the duration of works. Drivers will be unable to turn right in or right out of Bayview Rd.
- Traffic management will be in place and delays are expected in the area.
Please obey all signs and instructions from traffic management staff, to keep all drivers, pedestrians, and contractors safe.
- Wearing course asphalt works delayed due to weather.
- Concrete works for cycle path installation and northern business crossovers expected to be completed by the end of December 2023, weather permitting.
- Traffic signals are expected to be activated by March 2024, following power supply provision to the site.
- •Wearing course asphalt works delayed due to weather.
- Concrete works for the cycle path and crossovers expected to be completed by the end of December 2023.
- Concrete and landscaping works are nearing completion
- Construction is expected to be completed by end of December 2023
- Traffic signals are expected to be activated by March 2024.