Tivendale Road & Princes Highway intersection | Officer
The Princes Highway Intersections project will transform local roads to cope with future growth and to improve travel for generations to come.
This key infrastructure project will provide safer travel for all road users, while improving connectivity and access along this vital growth corridor. These intersection upgrades are expected to reduce congestion and improve travel time reliability along this corridor.
The intersection upgrade will include:
- additional lanes in Tivendale Road
- additional Princes Highway through lanes
- upgraded left-hand slip lane into Station Street
- westbound bus priority lane
- cyclist and pedestrian facilities, with dedicated bicycle lane signalisation,
- improved drainage
The Princes Highway Intersection program has $36 million in funding to deliver 8 major intersection upgrades from 2020 to 2029.
- Australian Government contribution: $17.8 million from its Urban Congestion Fund.
- Council contribution: $18.3 million from its Developer Contribution Plan.
Upgrade works on the Tivendale Road and Princes Highway intersection are underway and are expected to be completed by April 2024.
Lane closures and traffic diversions are in place for drainage and pavement construction works on Tivendale Road and Station Street.
- Public lighting and signal installation works are progressing.
- Asphalt works on Station Street to be completed from 27 February 2024 and will take approximately 3 days to be completed.
- Duplication works continue around Tivendale Rd intersection.
- Drainage, footpath and kerb and channel works are being completed on the service road near Siding Avenue.
Disruptions and closures
- Station Street is temporarily closed while asphalting works are being completed.
- Due to workforce shortage with the sub-contractor, the asphalt works were previously delayed.
- Station Street will be reopened to the public from 1 March 2024, once asphalting works are complete.
- Pending approvals from government authorities, the right-turn lane from Princes Hwy into Station St will also be reopened from 1 March 2024.
- While these works are being completed, we are encouraging businesses to advise their regular patrons about access and parking options, including using Siding Avenue to make a u-turn to travel back towards Beaconsfield.
- Starting from Monday 12 February 2024, access to the Princes Highway service road (near Siding Avenue) will be temporarily changed, while further intersection works are being completed.
- The works will include drainage improvements and kerb and channel around the Princes Hwy service road and will take approximately 4 weeks to be completed, weather permitting.
- Access will continue to be maintained to businesses and properties along the service road, however, please note that the current exit for the service road will be temporarily closed, and traffic will be diverted to another temporary exit point during this 4-week period.
- The entry access near Siding Avenue will remain open and accessible, and to ensure that these works are completed as quickly and safely as possible, traffic management including reduced speed limits and temporary shared path detours will be in place.
- Starting from 12 February 2024, access to the Princes Highway service road (near Siding Avenue) will be temporarily changed for 4 weeks
- Asphalt works on Station St to start from 27-29 March 2024
- Station St is expected to be reopened from 1 March 2024
- Public lighting and signal installation works are progressing
- Works are expected to be completed by April 2024.