Level Crossing Removal | Station Street | Officer | LXRP
As part of the Victorian Government’s Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP):
- 3 level crossings in Pakenham are being removed at McGregor Road, Main Street and Racecourse Road
- New stations are being built at Pakenham and East Pakenham
- 2 level crossings in Beaconsfield are being removed at Brunt Road and Station Street
- 1 level crossing in Officer at Station Street will be closed.
Level crossing closure – Officer
Alternative road access will be provided by the existing Brunt Road and Siding Avenue, and the future north/south connection from Officer South Road to Bayview Road.
Early site investigations are underway, with the project to be completed in 2025.
Visit Victoria’s Big Build project pages to view information including:
- info about the project
- current works notices and disruptions
- how to sign up for email updates
- engagement opportunities
- contact information if you have questions
- image galleries
- improve support and enhance opportunities for existing and future businesses
- integrate the train station, bus interchange and car parking with the town centre and surrounding communities, and improve pedestrian paths
- provide safe and functional community spaces
- enhance the look of the area, including by landscaping through the precinct
- improve traffic flow, including integrating the existing paths with new pedestrian and bicycle connections
- minimise disruption to local businesses and our wider community during construction.
- Station Street, Officer level crossing to be removed by 2025