Pakenham Roads Upgrade | Pakenham
The Pakenham Roads Upgrade is an Australian Government initiative being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria.
The project will be delivered in 3 stages, with upgrades to the Princes Freeway the first to get underway.
The Pakenham Roads Upgrade project is being delivered in 3 stages:
- Princes Freeway Interchanges Upgrade – Stage 1
- McGregor Road Upgrade – Stage 2
- Racecourse Road Upgrade – Stage 3
These major upgrades may include extra lanes, improved intersections, better bus connections, walking and cycling paths, new traffic lights, wider roads, and freeway ramps.
The Pakenham Roads Upgrade will deliver vital transport infrastructure improvements with wide-reaching liveability and safety benefits for Cardinia Shire residents, as well as for those travelling into the region for employment opportunities.
This is an external project being funded and delivered by the Victorian Government’s Big Build project.
Council welcomes the Australian Government’s decision to continue to fund stages 2 and 3 of the Pakenham Roads Upgrade project.
The Stage 1 upgrade to the Princes Freeway interchanges is already underway and is expected to be completed by 2025.
For updates on this project please visit Pakenham Roads Upgrade – Victoria’s Big Build at www.bigbuild.vic.gov.au/projects/roads/pakenham-roads-upgrade
- Pakenham Roads Upgrade is being delivered as part of Victoria's Big Build
- Construction has started on Stage 1
- Planning is now underway, with construction on McGregor Road expected to start mid-2023.
- Construction on Racecourse Road expected to start by the end of 2023.